Q: I had some problems with this program. I fixed the POP and SMTP server designations, and it works now. However, I’ve lost my contacts — the folder is blank. The funny thing is, when I type some letters in the “to” box, names come up. Do you have any idea how I can restore my contacts list?
"%UserProfile%Local SettingsWindows Live Contacts"
You might have multiple randomly-named folders in there.
- Drill down into each one and open the "contacts.edb" file.
- In there, find one that has items in the Email Address table
- Highlight and export that table to a "CSV Current Table" file
- Open up your Windows Live Mail program and go to the Contacts tab
- Click File, Import, CSV
- Assign the Address field to Live Contact’s Email Address field. The interface looks weird/clunky, but it works.
- Click OK, Finish, etc. when ready.
That should do it.